Temperature, Precipitation, and Drought
Temperature, precipitation, and drought data and products
- National Products
- ASOS Temperature Departure & Degree Day Maps — Daily maps of temperature and precipitation versus normal for several hundred U.S. automated stations, including Alaska and Hawaii. Users can loop these images through a multi-day animation.
- National Temperature Index — Several different methodologies to estimate the temperature history of the contiguous United States, including NCEI's current operational version. Users can graph, compare and save the output from these different methods.
- National Temperature and Precipitation Maps — 1-Month, 3-Month, 6-Month, 12-Month, and Year-to-Date National, Divisional, Statewide, and Regional Temperature and Precipitation Maps
- National Trends — National trends for Mean Temperature, Maximum Temperature, Minimum Temperature, and Precipitation for each month and season for the most recent complete 30-year period and the complete period of record
- U.S. Percentage Areas (Very Warm/Cold, Very Wet/Dry) — This product shows, for each month, season and year since 1895, how much of the contiguous United States experienced extreme (top or bottom 10%) temperature and precipitation conditions.
- Weekly Divisional Products — Maps of weekly temperature and precipitation anomalies, and short term Palmer drought indices are produced from CPC data.
- Global Products
- Global Temp & Precip Maps — Monthly, Seasonal, and Annual Global Temperature, Precipitation, and Extremes Maps
- Upper Atmospheric Temperatures — Temperature history for three different layers of the atmosphere: lower troposphere, middle troposphere, and lower stratosphere. These are different parts of the atmosphere than the more familiar surface temperature.
- GHCN Gridded Products — GHCN Monthly Global Gridded Temperature and Precipitation Products
- Drought Products
- Drought Termination and Amelioration — Based on Palmer drought analysis, the precipitation required to end or ameliorate drought in 12 timescales (1- to 12-months), the percent of normal precipitation this amount is, and the probability of receiving this amount of precipitation based on the historical record; worst case scenarios and projected scenarios are included
- Historical Palmer Drought Indices — Create year-over-year animations of various Palmer-type drought analyses.
- North American Drought Monitor (NADM) — Maps, narratives, indicators, and data depicting areas of drought and abnormally dry conditions across the North American continent, compiled from national analyses prepared in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
- USAPI Precipitation — U.S. Affiliate Pacific Islands weekly, monthly, and seasonal precipitation totals, percentiles, and ranks
- Weekly Palmer Drought Indices — Weekly Palmer-type maps beginning in 2005.
- National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS)