State of the Climate
The State of the Climate is a collection of monthly summaries recapping climate-related occurrences on both a global and national scale.
- National Summary Information — a synopsis of the collection of national summaries released each month
- National Climate Report — an analysis of national temperatures and precipitation, placing the data into a historical perspective
- National Snow & Ice — a national view of snow and ice conditions, placing the data and significant events into a historical perspective
- Synoptic Discussion — a summary of synoptic activity in the U.S.
- Tornadoes — a summary of tornadic activity in the Contiguous U.S.
- Hurricanes and Tropical Storms — hurricanes and tropical storms that affect the U.S. and its territories
- Drought — Discussion of U.S. drought status, with narrative and graphics
- Wildfires — a summary of wildland fires in the U.S. and related weather and climate conditions
- Global Summary Information — a synopsis of the collection of global summaries released each month
- Global Climate Report — an analysis of global temperatures and precipitation, placing the data into a historical perspective
- Regional Analysis — a summary of global regional temperature anomalies, placing the data into a historical perspective
- Global Hazards — weather-related hazards and disasters around the world
- Global Snow and Ice — a global view of snow and ice, placing the data into a historical perspective
- Upper Air — tropospheric and stratospheric temperatures, with data placed into historical perspective
- El Niño/Southern Oscillation — atmospheric and oceanic conditions related to ENSO