- Masterton, J.M., and F.A. Richardson, 1979: Humidex: A method of quantifying human discomfort due to excessive heat and humidity. Atmospheric Environment Service, Environment Canada, pp45
- National Weather Service, http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/heat/index.shtm
- Rothfusz, L.P., 1990: The Heat Index "Equation" (or, more than you wanted to know about Heat Index). Scientific Services Division, NWS Southern Region HQ, Fort Worth, TX.
- Steadman, R.G., 1971: Indices of windchill of clothed persons. J. Appl. Meteor., 10, 674-683.
- Steadman, R.G., 1979: The assessment of sultriness. Part 1: A temperature-humidity index based on human physiology and clothing science. J. Appl. Meteor., 18, 861-873.
- Steadman, R.G., 1984: A universal scale of apparent temperature. J. Appl. Meteor., 23, 1674-1687.