Frequently Asked Questions
- Global Warming — A general overview of global warming and the science behind its understanding.
- Global Temperature Uncertainty — National Climatic Data Center Frequently Asked Questions for Uncertainty of Global Temperature Estimates
- Temperature Monitoring — Monitoring global and U.S. temperatures at NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Information
- Global Climate Change Indicators — Latest information of observed climate change illustrating global warming
- Greenhouse Gases — An introduction to the major greenhouse gases in the earth's atmosphere. The FAQ discusses the relative potency, concentration and expected atmopsheric lifetime.
- NCEI's Global Temperature Anomalies Dataset — The Merged Land and Ocean Surface Temperature data are presented as anomalies (departures from a long-term average) on a five-degree by five-degree global grid. The period of record is January 1880 through the most recent month.
- NOAA's official responses to congressional hearing on climate change and adaptation
- NCEI Director Thomas Karl's written testimony on climate change adaptation before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and Subcommittee on Energy and Environment