NCDC provides access to a variety of paleoclimatology proxy data and collections derived from novel proxy types and methods.
Obtaining Data at the World Data Center
- Search All Paleoclimatology Data
Access a free text search of our entire study archive.
- Interactive Map
Select study locations by region, proximity to a point, or text-based attributes.
- Google Earth Map
Locate and download other collections data using a Google Earth map interface. Google Earth must be installed to use this search tool.
- NCEI Paleo Web Service
Harvest paleoclimatology study metadata records using the NCEI Paleo Web Service.
- List of Other Collections by Title and Investigator
- Alaska Palaeo-Glacier Atlas (Version 2)
- Amino Acid Racemization Data
- Barrows et al. 2001 Dating of Late Pleistocene Australian Mainland Glaciation
- Chase et al. 2009 A Record of Rapid Holocene Climate Change Preserved in Hyrax Middens from Southwestern Africa
- Chase et al. 2010 Namibia 5,000 Year Rock Hyrax Midden Nitrogen Isotope Data, Text or Excel
- Chase et al. 2011 South Africa Deglacial Hyrax Midden Stable Isotope Data, Text or Excel
- Devils Hole Nevada DH11 Pleistocene Stable Isotope Data
- Devils Hole Nevada Quaternary Calcite d18O Data
- Correlation of Geomagnetic Polarity Time Scales
- Late Quaternary Ice Extent and Topography
- Phytolith Data
- Radiocarbon Data
- Kaandorp et al. 2005 Peruvian Amazonia Miocene Freshwater Bivalve Data
- Rousseau and Puisségur 1999 Marine Isotope Stage 5 French Alps Land Snails Data
- Phenology Data
- Sclerochronology Data
- Paleoenvironmental ARCtic Sciences (PARCS)
Investigators who wish to contribute their data to our archive can find information on contributing below. Data and study description information can be contributed by emailing your data to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Data Archives
Additional sources outside of NCEI for data and information on paleoclimatology.