El Niño/Southern Oscillation - October 2009
As of the October 2009 report, NCDC will no longer write a separate assessment of the current state of El Niño/Southern Oscillation as part of its Monthly Climate Report. This information will be incorporated in the El Niño Diagnostic Discussion produced each month by the NOAA Climate Prediction Center.
Current and historical values of ENSO indicators, along with values of other teleconnection indices, can be found at: http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/teleconnections/
Thank you for your interest in NCDC products.
NCDC Climate Monitoring Team
Additional El Niño/Southern Oscillation Links
- ENSO Monitoring
- NOAA El Niño Observations Page
- NOAA El Niño / La Niña Index Definition
- NOAA's Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory (PMEL):
- NOAA's Climate Prediction Center (CPC):
- NOAA's Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
- NASA/JPL Ocean Surface Topography from Space
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BoM) ENSO Wrap-Up
- IRI - International Research Institute