1. The rainfall in June 2001 as of the 20th of the month at Houston Intercontinental AP, TX was 17.80 inches. This amount was mainly due to tropical storm Allison. This makes June 2001 the wettest June on record, the previous wettest June occurred in 1989 when 16.28 inches of rain fell, most of that rain was associated with another tropical storm named Allison !.
2. The rainfall measured at the Tallahassee Regional airport, FL for the 24 hours from 6 am on the 11th through 5 am on the 12th of June 2001 measured 10.13 inches. This is a new all time 24 hour rainfall record for the station, the old record was 9.47 inches measured on September 20-21, 1969.
3. The rainfall measured through midnight June 20th, 2001 at the Kansas City International airport, MO was 11.86 inches. This broke the old June record rainfall record of 10.99 inches set in 1939, additional rains will sent the monthly total even higher.
4. The rainfall measured at the Binghamton Regional airport, NY on June 16th, 2001 was 3.57 inches. This broke the record for the most precipitation on any calendar day. The old record was 3.5 inches set on September 27th, 1985. The greatest June calendar day total was 3.11 inches on June 17th, 1960.
5. The rainfall measured at the New Orleans Intl Ap, LA as of the 24th of June was 16.26 inches. This is a new June record, the old record for June was 14.98 inches of rain set in 1987.