1. On November 1st, 2000 the temperature at the Memphis International airport, TN reached 86 degrees F. This broke the old daily record of 84 degrees F and also is a new warmest temperature ever recorded in November. The previous record was 85 degrees F set on November 13th, 1955. November 1st, 2000 was also the warmest temperature recorded so late in the year un the 125 years of records at Memphis.
2. On November 1st, 2000 the temperature at Tupelo, MS reached 86 degrees F. This breaks the old record of 85 degrees set in 1935. The 86 degree reading tied the all time November maximum temperature recorded on November 3rd, 1935.
3. On November 1st, 2000 the temperature at Jackson, TN reached 84 degrees F. This ties the record set on three previous occasions, last in 1987. This also ties the highest temperature ever recorded in November and the warmest reading so late in the year.
4. On November 1st, 2000 the temperature at Birmingham, AL reached 85 degrees F. This tied the record high for the date set in 1998 and also tied the all time record high for the month of November.
5. On November 1st, 2000 the temperature in Moline, IL reached 80 degrees F. This tied the record high for the date set in 1933 and also tied the all time record high for the month of Movember.
6. On November 1st, 2000 the temperature at Huntsville, AL reached 84 degrees F. This established a new record high for the date. The old record was 83 degrees set in 1982. This also tied the all time record high for the month of November previously set on November 2nd, 1961.
7. On November 11th, 2000 the minimum temperature at Spokane (international AP), WA fell to -2 degrees F. This established a new record low for the date, the old record was 7 F set in 1985. This was the first time since Jan 12th, 1998 that the temperature fell below zero. This was also the coldest ever so early in the season.
8. On November 12th, 2000 the minimum temperature at Wheatland 4SE, WY fell to -18 degrees F. This broke the daily record of -8 F set in 1940. This -18 F reading also tied the record low for the month set on November 27th, 1976.
9. On November 12th, 2000 the minimum temperature at Alliance, NE fell to -14 degrees F. This broke the daily record of -7 set in 1940. The -14 F reading also is the coldest temperature ever recorded in November, the previous monthly record was -13 F set on November 16th, 1955 and previous years.
10. On November 24th, 2000 the minimum temperature at Massena, NY fell to -8 degrees F. This broke the record low for the day of 6 degrees set in 1971. The -8 F reading also tied the record low temperature for the month of November set on November 27th, 1949.
11. On November 24th, 2000 the maximum temperature at Worcester, MA only reached 26 degrees F. This breaks the low maximum temperature record of 28 degrees F set most recently in 1944. The normal high for the date is 44 degrees F. This was also the coldest November high temperature recorded in Worcester since November 23rd, 1989 when it reached only 22 degrees F.
1. Hilo, Hawaii on the east coast of the "Big Island" of Hawaii reported a 24 hour rainfall of 27.24 inches of rain between 1 PM HST on November 1st until 1 PM HST on November 2nd, 2000. This broke the previous 24 hour rainfall record of 22.30 inches set on February 19th and 20th in 1979. Deep tropical moisture was pulled northward over parts of the Hawaiian Islands fueling strong convection and flooding rains.
2. On November 4th, 2000 one one-hundreth (0.01) of an inch fell at the Raleigh-Durham airport, NC. This ends the string of consecutive days without measurable precipitation at 38 days. This 38 day string from September 27th, 2000 through November 3rd, 2000 breaks the old record of 32 days set from November 23rd, 1965 through December 24th, 1965.
3. Williston, ND as of November 18th, 2000 had a monthly total precipitation of 3.29 inches of precipitation. This breaks the November precipitation record of 2.10 inches set in 1896.
4. Aberdeen, SD received 2.87 inches of precipitation in November 2000. This was a new record, breaking the old record monthly total of 2.36 inches set in 1977.
1. The Greenville-Spartanburg AP, SC received 2.5 inches of snow on November 19, 2000. This snowfall total of 2.5 inches is a new November snowfall record for the station. The previous record was 1.9 inches of snow received in November 1968.
2. The Charlotte AP, NC received 2.5 inches of snow on November 19th, 2000. This tied the snowiest November of 1968 when the monthly total was also 2.5 inches.
3. The daily total snowfall at Grand Rapids, MI on November 20th was 11.5 inches. This broke the old daily record of 4.4 inches set in 1981. This is also a new record for the most snow on a November day. The old daily November snowfall record was 10.4 inches set on November 3rd, 1991.
4. The daily total snowfall at Marquette, MI (Negaunee Township, NWSFO) on November 20th was 17.0 inches. This broke the daily record of 8.3 inches set is 1981 and is the second highest amount recorded for November only beaten by 18.1 inches that fell on November 23rd, 1991. The 1.06 inches of water equivalent precipitation set a daily record, the previous record was 0.96 inches set in 1975.
5. The snow in the Buffalo area according to the National Weather Service was the areas third-highest snowfall over a 24-hour period with 24.9 inches on November 20th, 2000. The monthly total as of the 7 AM LST on the 27th was 43.70 inches.
6. The snowfall total at Aberdeen, SD was 30.5 inches. This surpassed the old record of 30.1 inches set in 1993. Records began in 1930.