NCDC Releases September 2012 Global Monthly Climate Report
According to NOAA scientists, the globally averaged temperature for September 2012 tied with 2005 as the warmest September since recordkeeping began in 1880. It also marked the 36th consecutive September and 331st consecutive month with a global temperature above the 20th century average. The last below-average September temperature was September 1976, and the last below-average temperature for any month was February 1985.
- September 2012 Global Hazards
- Selected Significant Climate Anomalies and Events for September 2012
- September 2012 El Niño Southern Oscillation Analysis
- September 2012 Global Snow and Ice Analysis
- September 2012 Blended Land and Sea Surface Temperature Anomalies Map
- September 2012 Blended Land and Sea Surface Temperature Percentiles Map