The World Data Center (WDC) for Paleoclimatology archives climate proxy insect data and insect-based climate reconstructions.
Obtaining Data at the World Data Center
Google Earth Map
Locate and download insect studies using a Google Earth map interface. Google Earth must be installed to use this search tool.
Select study locations by region, proximity to a point, or text-based attributes.
Search All Paleoclimatology Data
Access a free text search of our entire climate study archive.
Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Catalog Service for the Web
Harvest paleoclimate study metadata records using an OGC web service.
- Ongoke Lake, Alaska, United States, Chipman et al. 2008
- Lake Cores from Canada from Ian Walker
- Lake S41, Northwest Territories, Canada, MacDonald et al. 2008
- Lake Silvaplana, Switzerland, 140 Years, Larocque et al. 2008
- Lake Silvaplana, Switzerland, 420 Years, Larocque et al. 2009
- Lake Silvaplana, Switzerland,1,000 Years, Larocque et al. 2010
- Abisko Valley, Northern Sweden, Larocque and Hall 2004
- Stora Vidarvatn, Iceland, Axford et al. 2008
- Lake V57, Northwest Territories, Canada, Porinchu et al. 2008
- Lake CF8, Baffin Island, Axford et al. 2009
- Hanging Lake, Yukon, Canada, Kurek et al. 2009
- South-Central Alaska, Clegg et al. 2011
- Moose Lake, Alaska, Clegg et al. 2010
- Zagoskin and Burial Lakes, Alaska, United States, Kurek et al. 2009
North American Beetle Data
Other Data Archives
Bugs Coleopteran Ecology Package (BugsCEP)
Research and teaching aid for palaeoentomology, Quaternary entomology, and ecology.
An electronic database for the late Quaternary distribution of mammal species in the United States.
Ice Age Paleoecology from Scott Elias
Homepage of Scott Elias containing information on Ice Age environments.
Information on contributing data can be found at the link below. Data and study description information can be contributed by emailing your data to email@example.com.