Sterling-Johnstown: USCRN-NWS Long-Term Collaborative Plans
- Develop transfer functions/bias coefficients between National Weather Service and USCRN instruments measuring Like parameters. Requires a long lead-time to gather data under same environmental conditions/location to develop and validate these instrument related biases.
- Establish a long-term USCRN presence and partnership at NWS test facilities. Use facilities when adding new instruments, both NWS and USCRN.
- Gather and analyze data and information on USCRN instrument performance, reliability, and maintenance.
- Potential information for NWS COOP Modernization Planning.
- Bruce Baker - National Climatic Data Center, Asheville, NC (NESDIS/NCDC)
- Tilden Meyers - Atmospheric Turbulence and Diffusion Division, Oak Ridge, TN (NESDIS/OAR/ARL/ATDD)
- Rainer Dombrowsky - Rainer.Dombrowsky@noaa.gov (NWS/HQTR)
- Malcolm Gifford - Malcolm.Gifford@noaa.gov (NWS/HQTR)
- Mike Salyards - Michael.Salyards@noaa.gov (NWS/HQTR)
- Ray Downs - Ray.Downs@noaa.gov (NWS/HQTR)